Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which code editor do you use? 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new version of Dreamweaver(MX 2004) makes diference.

________
George, M

I use Visual Interdev and Notepad when VI isn't available. As earlier stated by others, I use VI for the text editing and data connection capabilities with SQL and the web servers, but not the DTCs. It's worked for me since 1999, but I have also thought maybe it was time to change. I'll look into the EditPlus as well.

I <3 homesite...working with a basic notepad feel with some color...what more could you want.

Nice little feature for working on sites LIVE via the 'Macromedia FTP & RDS' setup.

- FateFirst

I've used FirstPage for over a year, but I haven't seen any recent enhancements for it.

I've just seen HAPedit 3.0 which is designed for editing Html, Asp, Php. It also allows column blocking and has many nice features including semi-intelligent windows.

Both have freeware versions.

Still using EditPlus, although I noticed someone mention vi. I don't use it for Windows stuff (Editplus! :p) but vi is my primary editor on anything *nix.

I've been using vi long enough that I am stil surprised when arrow keys work instead of spitting out control characters :p
And whats this new fangled color coding that it does???

[sub]01000111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01100110 01100110 01100101 01100101 00111111[/sub]
The never-completed website:

Guess I got in on this one kind of late, but like many, I use Visual Interdev and Notepad. Again, none of the wysiwyg crap is utilized. If you want code bloat, just use one of the interdev controls. What a load of garbage. I absolutely hate Adobe GoLive for it's poor interface and even worse code bloat. Other than that, I have no experience with any of the other editors mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back