Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where do you get all your images/photos? 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

EugenePaliev

Programmer
Jul 18, 2001
UA
Hi all!

Where do you get all your images/photos you use on your sites? I'm not asking for buttons, bullets and other images you may easily create in any graphic program. The question is mainly about that kind of images, especially photos, that cannot be created.

Do you photo by yourself? Do you bye it? And if so where? Do you use free stuff? And again where do you get it?

Thank you in advance! Good Luck! :)

Eugene,

Depends on your site! From my point of view, my images relate directly to my product, so I must use my own photos.
I use a digital camera for this.

Try freefoto.com for general subjects, if you are not a commercial site, but you'll find lots more resources if you do a search on any of the popular search engines with the words "free photos"

Regards,

Graham

Thank you Graham!

I've got Google bar embedded into my browser and use it a lot, but opinions of Tek-Tips experts are even more significant for me than Google! :)

Thank you for the link - I'll check it right now!

I develope commercial sites and need to care about copyright. Good Luck! :)

Eugene,

My pleasure. Anyone know of a good source of general themed photos for commercial sites?

Cheers!
Graham

Thank you, Craig!

star.gif
++ ;-) Good Luck! :)

has a lot of photos. The fee to use is minimal (about .25 each) which offsets their bandwidth fees. If you contribute photos, which others download, you start earning money in your account which you can use at the site.

There are a few really great images in there that I have used, but you have to wade through quite a few.

They are sorted very well and there is a search feature.

-pindky

What a very polite thread this is!

Good luck for the future guys! I love you all!

First, I would like to thank all the folks who posted the links. Very cool info.

But to add about the images, as was said, you have to look at what your site is about. Basic images for your site can be found at all of those places, but if you are running a specialized site, you may want to get a digital camera, a program like Irfanview and create yourself an image library to use those images.
Since my site is an automotive one, I take dozens of pictures of things that deal with it and then modify them to my needs and upload them to a specific directory for use later.

Good luck and have fun.

I would like to thank all the people who answered and posted great links!!! [medal]

Dirtrocker, I develope different sites so I never know what images I'll need next time. I'm about to get a digital camera but in some cases I need abstract or very high-quality photos that I can't do by myself - in that cases it's better to buy it from professional photographers.

And here is a site I've used before (now I have much more places to choose from!) Good Luck! :)

Thank you, backspin! (you just forgot to put .com at the end of the link [hammer]) Good Luck! :)

I'm kinda fond of Not only do they photos, images, arts, etc...they also have tutorials and actual photoshop psd files to download...its free and it has thousands of images...in fact I even added my own images there under my screename (GUJUm0deL)...

I liked some of the sites mentioned here, I already bookmarked them...:) I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Thank you, Liat! Truly small but really good site! Good Luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back