Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When I end current call, incoming calls won't ring on that phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iagaoe

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2006
US
I had some problems a couple weeks ago which i then upgrade to R5 manager.

Now when i am on a call and other calls ring in, i end my call and the phone won't ring. I'm not sure where to go to fix this. I looked at the Wrap-up Time and its set for 2 secs but the call still does not ring through.

Thanks for any replies!

if the calls are hitting a group put call waiting on the group

ACA - IP Office
ACS - IP Office

They are hitting a group, and when i upgrade it looks like the change the rin mode to collective w/ call waiting. i changed it just to collective and it still doesn't work like it used to.

Confused?

Bump, anybody have anything i can try?
Thanks

you want collective with call waiting and also make sure you have call waiting turned on for the user.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Kevin, no need for call waiting at the user.

Collective Call Waiting (Software level = 3.0+)
This is a Collective hunt group as above but with hunt group call waiting also enabled (previous versions of Manager used a separate Call Waiting On control to select this option for a Collective group). When an additional call to the hunt group call is waiting to be answered, users in the group who are already on a call will receive call waiting indication. On phones with call appearance buttons, the call waiting indication takes the form of an alert on the next available call appearance button. On other phones, call waiting indication is given by a tone in the speech path (the tone is locale specific).

· For pre-IP Office 4.0, all the users in the group must also have their own Call Waiting On setting enabled.

·For IP Office 4.0+ the user's own Call Waiting On setting is overridden when they are using a phone with call appearances. Otherwise the user's Call Waiting On setting is used in conjunction with the hunt group setting.

ACSS - SMEC (IP Office)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Oh i never noticed that before. I just assumed it was the same.. thanks peter.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I changed it back to Collective w/ call waiting and it still does not work.

When a user ends a call, they can not pick up another call that is ringing in. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,

I had this problem with a few 4.0 installs. Between upgrades and deleting and re-creating the user, I'm not sure what fixed it.

What if you create a new user and group and see if it works that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back