Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's Going on With NextiraOne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorstarOption

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
Where is NextiraOne going?

they don't even know yet, sprint is in the same shape, there business division is going to spin off, but no ones made an offer... let it keep going for another 20 years and it will all belong to bill gates anyway

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Nextira One is suppose to bought by Black Box

I too understand that Black Box/Norstan has purchased Nextira One. Don't know if there was much left to buy as Nextira has been on a step decline for a few years now. Once they took over Williams it just never seemed like Nextira actually wanted to be a telecom vendor.

Williams was a decent place to work when the old man was running the show, after that and a few rounds of layoffs, most of the good techs started looking for jobs. some corps think they can make lots more money by hiring more management, seldom works that way...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Our Tech from NextiraOne told me a couple weeks ago that Blackbox is buyong them for sure. Currently in my area UAC group is controlling NextiraOne and I dont like UAC at all so I am glad Blackbox is taking them over.

Ryan

MCP/MCDST/MCSA 2003

nextiraOne is a good example of what a holding company can do to destroy a business in just a few years. As John said, hiring more managment does not make a good company. nextiraOne just had another round of layoffs. The Black Box deal is supposed to take place 4/3/06.

Will they still have enough techs to support their clients?

I guessed NXO don't really have that much clients to worry about. They just relying on UAC now, that if UAC will still continue to use NXO service.

hmm I was just offered a nice position with Nextira, I guess I will have to look a little harder at the situation now. Does anyone have opinions or advice on this being BlacbBox is taking over? Good, bad etc?

I know a tech who worked at Nextira and was layedoff and now working for Black Box. Black Box doesn't have enough work for 40 hours He works about 20 Hours and is not guaranteed 40. The merger will happen and more layoffs are expected. Not anything different from SBC and AT&T.
You can Congress and Goverment for sending call center jobs to india. We are a dieing breed and getting worse

is the takeover just on the east coast or globally? I have heard the merger will be complete this month? I am being offered an ops mgr. position, makes you wonder.

Globally...they just layed off a manager that I know last week.

what about the SPRINT - EMBARK deal anyone got any info about that

i work for nextira, so far we have very little tech support. it takes about 3 to 10 hours for an eng. to call us back cause they laid everyone off. An engineer told me that 600 people were laid off last week. I dont know if it is true but it feels like it. Yes and UAC is a horrible company.

Any blackbox techs working in the central region? Or will they use NXO techs that have not been let go?

Does Blackbox have their own Nortel techs? As far as I know they have onsite techs not sure about field techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back