Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's Going on With NextiraOne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorstarOption

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
Where is NextiraOne going?

Sounds good to me beings i'm a nxo tech. One of the few that are left out here. Hopefully they will keep us after the buy out. Wait and see.

I am in TN and I know Blackbox hires subs here. They send you a magnet to slap on the side of your truck and call you when they need you. They do have their own techs out in the field in the Nashville area, but for the remote areas they use subs.

When they speak of NextiraOne today it is strictly the data side of Platinum Equities...as of 12/31/2005 NextiraOne ceased its voice operations(except VoIP)...A new wing was formed Nextira National and thats where the Meridian techs are working. Last I heard there were only 3 field techs left in SoCal and one manager. Most of the good accounts have since bailed for other vendors. I'm not quite sure just exactly what BlackBox is acquiring, but if it's NextiraOne it's the data side and if it is NextiraNational, it's the voice side. I was laid off in 2004 after 14 years via...BellSouth Communication Systems, WilTel, Williams Comm, Nextira, NextiraOne...same job different company names.

Well re: Nextira, I just got off of a call with a very close contact within Nextira, and they state that this will/should be a good thing for them, they are going to be more closely connected with the Norstan arm of the merger and should help in financial as well as resource areas. I understand that this is being relayed by an employee and may be the glass half full approach but it could just be a good thing. I was also told the merger aquisition is almost done and should be finalized by mid April. Any thoughts?

UAC controlling Nextira was the best thing that could have happned to them from my perspective. Now they follow up with tickets I have and actually schedule to come out instead of just showing up whenever they feel like.

I think any company will be better than Platinum Equity. Since they took over NXO went down the drain. Every quarter all you hear is company reduction. I heard there's more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back