Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHAT THE H'#';LS THIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobez

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2002
GB
Ok employee x has just done this doc in office 97pro normal fonts etc, I open it in office XP pro and i get this.

ƒÃƒµƒ³ƒÄƒ¹ƒ¿ƒ¾ƒnƒ¡ƒnƒ{ƒnƒ¼ƒµƒ·ƒ±ƒ¼ƒÂƒµƒÁƒÅƒ¹ƒÂƒµƒ½ƒµƒ¾ƒÄƒÃ
ƒ¹ƒ¾ƒÄƒÂƒ¿ƒ´ƒÅƒ³ƒÄƒ¹ƒ¿ƒ¾
ƒ¼ƒµƒ·ƒ±ƒ¼ƒnƒÂƒµƒÁƒÅƒ¹ƒÂƒ½ƒµƒ¾ƒÄƒÃ
ƒ³ƒ¿ƒ½ƒ½ƒÅƒ¾ƒ¹ƒ³ƒ±ƒÄƒ¹ƒ¾ƒ·ƒnƒÇƒ¹ƒÄƒ¸ƒnƒµƒ½ƒÀƒ¼ƒ¿ƒÉƒµƒµƒÃ
ƒ½ƒ¿ƒ¾ƒ¹ƒÄƒ¿ƒÂƒ¹ƒ¾ƒ·ƒnƒÃƒ±ƒ¶ƒµƒÄƒÉƒnƒÀƒµƒÂƒ¶ƒ¿ƒÂƒ½ƒ±ƒ¾ƒ³ƒµ
ƒÂƒµƒÆƒ¹ƒµƒÇ

well i get pictures of hands etc.

what is it, why is it ok on 97 but not XP ?

I don't know much about XP but are you sure you have installed the correct file filters to read 97 files

If you take it back to the Word 97 machine, does it open correctly? There should be no conversion problems, because Word 2002 uses the same file format (ie, there is no converter).

How is the file being sent to you? I've seen simular problems when the file is sent be email, and the sender has some kind of encryption turned on that the reciever's email can't decrypt.

Steve

Certain fonts that had been available in previous versions of Windows are not in XP machines....

If you ctrl+a and change the font, does it look right? What's the font name? Anne Troy
Dreamboat@TheWordExpert.com
Anne@MrExcel.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back