Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What payment processor to use for E Europe: ikobo or 2CO? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth13

Programmer
Jan 13, 2005
RO
Hi. This is my first post and I really need some help here. I am starting my own online business. The thing is that I don't have any clue regarding cc processors used in E Europe. I recently found out about two names: ikobo.com and 2co.com. What do you think about them ? Thanks.

Well, Bertold, as the jtb said, it works. I mean I've used it a couple of times to buy some DVD's and some other stuff from different websites and it worked every time. What I want to do next is see whether it will work if a try to purchase something in the "real world", store, gas station and so on.

You mean does it have my name on it? If that's what you mean, than no, it doesn. Otherwise, its name is as you said "ikard" and it is in fact a visa electron card.

It’s really great that ikard can be used for online purchases! I am waiting for my ikard to arrive within next few days. If everything goes fine I will submit some documents to have my initial receiving limit raised (this will be done after ikard arrives).

Yeah, it can come in handy from time to time. :)
So you already think the initial $500 is to low for you, huh? Let us know once you get the ikard and also if you raise your limits. Good luck!

ATrrak I hope you are referring to the actual money and to the possibility of getting some :)
Anyways, Bertold and only him can foresee his future turnover. Anyway, I did the same operation and I have to say that after ikobo got my docs, my limits were raised instantly. I know someone with a 5000$ limit. :D

It used to be that the initial Ikobo limit was $200 US. Has this changed?

I am glad someone had luck getting Ikobo to raise their limits, they have NEVER managed to be able to open a file attachment from me!

iteresting note; why does this site put a - between $200 and US when there was non e when I typed it, but it showed when I edited it...hmmmmm

Hello! I am very happy, my ikard has arrived today. I have already withdrawn some money at the nearest Visa ATM. I am going to submit some documents required to have my initial receiving limit of $500 raised, but something happened to my fax. Do you know if I can email scanned copies of those documents?

@MarkosJal yes, the initial limit is now $500 and I think they made raising it a little easier or something. As for why the site puts a "-" I have no idea! :)
@Bertold Glad to hear that, so it would seem I'm not alone. Yes, you can send scanned copies of those documents, at least that's what I did...

Good to know you got your card and it really worked.

What happened with your fax? Was it the old story that they did not receive it or it was illegible? If that is the case, it is exactly the battle I have had. Sending by email did not work either they always said the same.

One time I even got on live chat, and asked the live chat operator if she could confirm receipt AND legibility. She indicated that yes she received and could read the documents, later when inquiring again about the limit and why it was never lifted, I was told that my documents were illegible. They sent no notice or anything even though evry time i have sent docs whether by fax or email, I have oincluded full account information in text format.

That's not very nice of them indeed. Have you tried again recently, because as I said it seems they've improved their system or something since I haven't had the problems you mentioned? Include in the e-mail the copy/paste of the chat you had telling you they were legible. ;)

I could not submit my documents by fax as I am experiencing some tech problems with my fax machine, however I have emailed scanned copies of the documents and my limits have been already raised to $1000 :).

Well, it usually get solved eventually as most problems seem to to with ikobo. I think that MarkosJal should give it another try and I'm pretty sure it would work out eventually. Good luck and please keep us posted.

I totally agree with Atrrack! It seems ikobo really improved their service. As far as I see more people are interested in ikobo while the number of complaints is reducing.

Speaking of improvements... any of you guys read anything about zencart and mambo store integrating ikobo into their shopping carts? I read on several forums that apparently they followed in OSCommerce’s footsteps and are no able to integrate ikobo. I haven't had the chance to check this out for myself though.

Yes Attrack, ikobo’s integration with Zencart and Mambo store is the main new discussed on many forums. Do you have any info about Zencart? Is Zencart free like Oscommerce?

This is a quote dorm zencart's website: "a free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart system. " So I think this answers your question. I haven't had a chance to look at it harder, but as far as i can see it's pretty much based on the same principles as OSCommerce. Remains to be seen whether it's better or worse.

Thanks, Atrrak, for all info you are providing us with. I like ikobo as it gives all the beginners a chance to start up their online business for free. One don’t need to pay anything since both Oscommerce and Zencart as well as ikobo are free to set up.

By the way, I have read somewhere ikobo was very close to have it’s Master card problem resolved. Do you have any info on this matter?

I don't know exactly how close ikobo is to fixing this problem, but apparently there's a lot of discussions on this subject, so I'm guessing there must be something behind this suppositions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back