Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What payment processor to use for E Europe: ikobo or 2CO? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth13

Programmer
Jan 13, 2005
RO
Hi. This is my first post and I really need some help here. I am starting my own online business. The thing is that I don't have any clue regarding cc processors used in E Europe. I recently found out about two names: ikobo.com and 2co.com. What do you think about them ? Thanks.

Hello! Can anyone suggest any online store I can use to buy some clothes with my ikard? I don’t have enough time to visit different shops so it would be great to choose something staying in my office :).

Thanks for the information in this thread guys!

I think it has been very informative.

Bertold, In fun, I must ask , are you sure you are just not a real GEEK with this latest post? I mean you want to buy clothes online from your Ikard, and not go out to buy anything?

HEHE, now that was funny! Maybe the man is all caught up in his business and so on. :p
Seriously now, I'm glad I can help someone with the information I have, and I must say I've learned a thing or two about ecommerce in general and ikobo in particular here as well. :)

Dear Atrrak and MarcosJal, I can’t understand why do you make a mock of me… First of all I am a woman. Most of my friends buy their clothes at the online stores. I don’t have Visa credit card as for now, that is why I was interested in any shop accepting ikard.

Sorry, we weren't exactly mocking you. I was actually defending you... a little. :p
Anyway, I for one am glad you found ikobo's ikard to be so useful for you. Let us know when you buy something nice with it.

I know I was NOT mocking you ! As I stated it was in FUN. Sometimes we must elude off topic somewhat. Also if you believe there are no female geeks, you are wrong.

Besides look at me , still reading and posting on this thread, involved in internet telephony, web design, netwoking, and a lot more geeky things. Am I a bad person because I am a geek? nI dont think so.

Ok, and how are you doing with ikobo, Atrrak and MarcosJal? As far as I understood you used ikobo for accepting payment, right? What shopping cart do you use?

Hi guys. Just joining this thread about Ikobo. Am considering using Ikobo for my 1st internet business endeavor. I live in Australia. If the Ikobo Visa card does not have my name on it, does this mean that it can't be traced as to where the money came from?

Also, if people pay me for products sold through Ikobo, does this mean money is earned in the USA and I don't pay tax on that income earned here in Australia???

I am not using Ikobo as most of my clients have Mastercard I found out after I set up Ikobo that they did not accept Mastercard. They did not volunteer this information six months ago. It was information that was extracted like a molar, after three clients attempted to pay me with mastercard, and Ikobo told them only that there was a problem with the card. After I called and live chatted with Ikobo they implied my clients were using stolen cards, as they indicated to them (MY CLIENTS) as well! Naturally they were insulted . I have never received a payment with Ikobo. As for shopping cart, I dont use one, I offer limited products and services, it is not necessary in my situation.

As for taxes, annonymous money and the like... its a good thought, however let me tell you this, although it may not apply to your country. I am a double national with nationality in Mexico and the USA. I live in Mexico, and Uncle Sam (USA federal government) thinks I should pay taxes in the USA, on my Mexican earnings, when I already pay Hacienda (Mexican tax authority), as the USA sees me as a US citizen with foreign earnings. Mexico sees me as a Mexican with Mexican earnings. Whether or not you can evade taxes using Ikobo, probably so as you could, and some do using Paypal too! I have a sister in the USA that uses Paypal on her Ebay auctions. She has never paid a penny to the IRS on those earnings. In most cases the money never even touches her bank account. she uses her paypal debit card to make purchases. Unfortunately, paypal did not approve of me using a USA issued paypal debit card in ATMs in Mexico, and found petty reasons to freeeze my account, costing me thousands of dollars!

In your country, does your bank report where your money is coming from in your bank account? If not then I suppose you could even use PayPal with deposits to your bank account, and still evade taxes.

DISCLAIMER
I am not providing this information for the purposes of assisting with the violation of any law, nor should it be considered legal advice. This is simply my opinion, from my point of view. Ahhh, WTF! In reality, its not like anyone really cares in Mexico!

I have the Ikobo I-Kard, but when I tried using it online to buy or pay for any items, it doesn't go through. For those that manage to use it online, what name or address did you used to purchase online as the I-Kard does not have my name on it. I don't even know if my UK address is used with the card.

I used my name and address with the ikard when I purchased something online. Maybe I got lucky or something. The site I purchased from was from my country so perhaps that's why it worked or something. I'm not sure, but for me it worked, although I only did it once or twice.

Also, if people pay me for products sold through Ikobo, does this mean money is earned in the USA and I don't pay tax on that income earned here in Australia???
Well, money received through ikobo can't really be traced back to you so I guess you won't be paying any taxes on them. Don't know how legal this is, but I've never heard of anyone, including me to have problems because of taxes and so on.

I always buy thing from the internet with my IKard. But all the stores are ikobo powered. Maybe this is why it works.

You mean all the stores you're buying from, right? :)
It would be great indeed, for us at least, if all the stores had ikobo as payment option since it would make my life a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back