Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What payment processor to use for E Europe: ikobo or 2CO? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth13

Programmer
Jan 13, 2005
RO
Hi. This is my first post and I really need some help here. I am starting my own online business. The thing is that I don't have any clue regarding cc processors used in E Europe. I recently found out about two names: ikobo.com and 2co.com. What do you think about them ? Thanks.

Yeah ... MC problem is supposedly to be a temporary problem. To tell you the truth, despite the negative reviews, I never had problems with ikobo so far.
What is your experience with ikobo ? What sort of problems did you have?

I have tried to use iKobo for over a year now. I have never actually completed a money transaction, because there has always been a "problem" after three people have tried to sendme money via iKobo.

I have tried cntacting Kobo. One of theproblems isthat they do not accept MasterCard. They said this was temporary, but after a year,they still have this problem, from what I have heard.

Second, on about ten different occassions, I have faxed or emailed confirmation documents to them, ID, birth certificate, etc. Thisis t get the $200 US limit lifted. EVERY time hey have said that they have not received them or they were illegible. I have sent as TIFF , JPG and Fax.It is probably a whole lot easier for them to keep yourmoney if they d not confirm your identity! Ofcourse that would apply to people receivng ver $200US, and thus those the most within the eyes of iKobo be victimized (yes US spelling).

Remember you guys if you get an invalid charge, or service is not delivered, take it up with Visa or Mastercard if your bank does not refund it. Those transactinsare guaranteed by Visa and Mastercard,as well as your bank.

Well, thank you for your warnings. It's true that in the past there were problems with customer support as well as confirming your identity and so on. Now, I'm either a lucky case, or things have actually changed since I haven't experienced these problems. It's true, the MasterCard problem persists, it's a pretty big pain in the arse, but hopefully it'll get fixed.

I have contacted ikobo’s live chat operator and found their live chat really worked and in my case it was helpful. I asked about Master Card problem and was informed this problem was temporary as it wasn’t related to Master Card acceptance in a whole. The problem is to find a good processor for Master card processing. So it’s a matter of time.

Well, that's what they keep saying... I just wish they would do something about it sooner than later, if you know what I mean. Hey, at least customer support seems to be working well now, right? :p

Yes, I found ikobo’s live chat to be a good feature for one willing to get any problem resolved. By the way, I meat a person who was complaining about ikobo’s live chat, he was stating it was very difficult for him to get connected to the operator. But after some time passed he realized there were certain hours ikobo’s live chat was working in. Since then he has been praising ikobo’s live customer support.

Yeah, it's a common mistake people make when using livehelp. It's pretty clearly stated there about the business hours, but I suppose some people fail to see it then complain about not getting an answer. Eh well, good for you if you managed to make things clear for one of these people! ;)

I've tried to contact them today, outside their working hours schedule and experienced the same thing. So, my advice to you is to try again, preferably when they are really working. :)

I hope that advice wasn't meant for me, I already KNOW! ;)
Anyway, has anyone tried to integrate ikobo with OSCommerce. I know ikobo supports third-party shopping carts, but does it really work? I'm considering this option as well as using ikobo's own shopping cart. Any thoughts on this?

I have read ikobo could be easily integrated with Oscommerce since ikobo supported third party integration. But as far as I am concerned it’s really a problem to choose what chopping cart to use – the one ikobo offers or Oscommerce?

Well, ikobo's shopping cart isn't all that bad. It's nice and relatively easy to deploy, you only need minimum programming skills. With OSC you can develop a more complex and good looking interfaces. It's matter of personal choice I suppose.

Actually I am not in a hurry as I don’t have a website yet (I am planing to have it opened soon). So I decided to try ikobo with personal transactions first, that is why I have already created personal account and hope to receive some money from my friend within next few days.

Hello! Why did you all leave this forum? I have a question if anyone still visits this thread. I want to know how many days does ikard delivery really take? I have received an email notifying my ikard has been shipped out 2 days ago.

Hello! Why did you all leave this forum? I have a question if anyone still visits this thread. I want to know how many days does ikard delivery really take? I have received an email notifying my ikard has been shipped out 2 days ago.

I haven´t left! I am waiting to hear about your Ikard delivery!

Oh, I am not alone in this thread! Don’t you know how many days do I still have to wait? Thanks.

No, you're not alone... :)
The ikard should arrive in about 10 days on average, mine took 8 days to arrive while others could take up to two weeks. I suppose I was lucky to get mine so fast... but then again maybe you'll get yours quicker as well.

from what I have heard, arrival of the iKard is one of the b
biggest issues with Ikobo.

Please keep us posted.

And what about using ikard for online purchases? Did you try this? I suppose it’s very convenient especially for those who don’t have Visa. How do you think?

ikobo works... but some of us are used to faster service... used it to buy a viseo from South Africa... next time I'll probably find a more local resource...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back