Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the difference between IP office 500 to IP OFFICE 500v2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alawll

Technical User
Jul 7, 2012
SA
hello everyone can i ask something about the difference between IP office 500 to IP OFFICE 500v2?

Mainly the Memory card format, and lack of licence smart card on the v2 (as the SD card provides licences and voicemail) and support for Combo cards on the v2. Apart from that, there isn't too much else.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

It is already and of sale but end of support will be much later.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The v2 also has more memory and a more robust power supply :)

And flaky SD cards :)

BAZINGA!

The support for IP500 will be around for quite a bit!
Peter is correct, it went EOS November 2011, howevere end of manufacturer support from Avaya for IP500 hardware is scheduled for January 2015.

You can still purchase a new Avaya services contract on IP500 until January 9, 2013.

Correct on the flaky SD card.

We had ours replaced couple of weeks ago. Everything was down (no licenses available) all because of the SD card.
Getting a backup SD card will sure help.

thank you so much for all your replies... God Bless us all!

ok maybe I should just keep my mouth shut to not jinx it but I have never had a SD card that was bad after the install. I had a couple that was just no good in the beginning right out of the plastic.
Or
I just don't remember Dr. Freud, I suppress bad memories.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Westi, i have one at the moment.
It is a Sandisk card and those are not very good.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back