Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is Succession 3.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutek10

Technical User
Oct 12, 2004
Hello All,
Could someone help me understand what is Succession 3.0.
Is it an Operating System on a Mini Meridian 11c or it runs over the OS?
Or if some one can direct me to a website where I can learn some more about it.
I have to update a manual on Mini Meridian 11c with Succession 3.0 information.
Thanks

Succession 3.0 is a software upgrade to Meridian 25.40 software.

Where Meridian systems use X11 software, Succession systems use X21 software. Don't be fooled, there are minimal hardware changes. The main addition to Succession over Meridian is H.323 trunking using a signaling server.

Succession 4.0 is the current release of software from Nortel. Succession 4.5 is due out this summer I believe.

You can learn more at and you can download the documentation for free from the same website in the Technical Documentation section.

Arch

It is the system software that runs on both Succession 1000 IP PBX and Meridian 1 PBX. It provides a seamless migration path for Meridian 1 to migrate to Succession. Succession 3.0 became generally available in October 2003. More information is available on the following link:

btw, most software geeks will not notice much change in rls 3 from the last few rls's. the ava tn's change to license... you've got some additional free packages.. a few more options is a few different loads.. but the best thing is that it seems very stable.. been on rls 3 in my 81 for about 4 months, no major surprise.. except a time drift problem that took a while to find, a couple of extra patches.. this is the 1st time since merridan that nortel changed the name as well as the rls number.. btw qsig is turned on, saved me an upgrade

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks all you gurus!....very helpful. much obliged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back