Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is needed when decommissioning a CM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCsurfer

Systems Engineer
Sep 6, 2018
US
We moved to a full cloud platform environment and will need to decom our CM with media gateways and SMGR. From my initial research online there isn't much to do except to perform a back up then shut it down?

Anything any additional items to complete before shutting down and is there a command to even do that?

Shutting down can be done through the SMI, it's in the maintenance section. You can also perform a "stop -ah", I think. You might need to look up the stop commands, but you can do it from CLI with that also.

Assuming you are done with your Avaya platform, you should probably also go through and make sure you've killed all the ancillary services, external WebLMs, deprecated DHCP settings and so on. If you've got ASBCEs, make sure you worked with your network team to remove those from the internet also. Lot's of possible steps but it really depends on what you have and how clean of a decom you require.

Thank you for the reply.

What do I do with all the SIP, ISDN, and Tie trunks? Do I need to remove all my stations and DIDs for license purposes (get money back)?

LOL! get money back.

if your just trashing it, pull out the drives and take a hammer to em

You might be able to get some money for the hardware, but the software is not transferable.
And you will not get much if anything. All you want to do is make sure no company information is given away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back