Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What has happened here to Tek-Tips?? 17

ladyck3

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I'm just sending this as a test. I can't find out where my group is and I'm hoping this is the location for Excel questions.
If so, I'll bookmark it specifically.
I'm lost with this new format... AI has infiltrated? GRRRRRRRRRR Change is a 4-letter "C" word. I mean really, I've been using Tek-tips for at the very least --15+ years-- More like closer to 20... and its always been easy to get around and see just what I want.

All of a sudden I'm getting notifications on things that are of no concern whatsoever to me, like its greek as far as I know... so I thought I'd jump in to see what happened to my preferences regarding email... it was all messed up.

I'm old school... just because you CAN change something doesn't always mean you SHOULD! sigh...

Is this the Excel portion of Tek-Tips? Thank you in advance and where is the left panel... tabs... geeesh... I'm lost in Tek-Tip-land...

Laurie

>the NOVA style

For those using Stylus (a CSS pre-processor available for Chrome and Chromium-based browsers such as Edge) here's the style extension I have written for this site. It basically eliminates much of the whitespace, reduces the brightness a bit, makes text actually black rather than a dark grey, and now adds a higher contrast to text selection. It may prove useful to some of you( it should work with both the tek-tips style and with NOVA
This should not be dependent on the browser, it should be part of the Preferences for the forums. Might be ok for those that use only one computer, but what about those of us that use multiple computers some of which do not have the correct browser and some of which we do not have the correct permissions to change?

We should be able to go to Preferences, choose how the site looks, and be done with it. What you are saying is that we must set up every computer (if it has the correct browser and if we have the correct permissions) that we may use to visit TT.

>this should not be dependent on the browser, it should be part of the Preferences for the forums ... What you are saying is that we must set up every computer (if it has the correct browser and if we have the correct permissions) that we may use to visit TT.

I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is that, until site management provide some additional Styles that more closely match what the userbase wants (which they have suggested they are working on) , this is a user-provided a workaround for those people who use or are willing to use Stylus (although I should note that there are other CSS injectors available for Chrome/Chromium and there are also injectors for other browsers, I just haven't used them so cannot specifically recommend or confirm that they'll work with my CSS code). It is nothing to do with tek-tips themselves, and is not an official fix for anything.

Ok, I've been working on darkening things. All the text is posts is black. I darkened the side bar backgrounds and am working on the post input box. Too many shades of gray!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back