Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does this symbol mean? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbs706

Technical User
Aug 14, 2014
GB
Hi all,
We have had our IP office 500 system for a few months now, but there is a symbol that appears and dissapears. It is located to the left of the G symbol (See below)
We don't have a clue what it is. I have looked in the handset manual and cannot find anything.

WP_20150304_004.jpg

WP_20150304_005.jpg

As you can see, it appears differently on each handset.

Also while I have this thread open, when I log into the Avaya IP Office software, I have a list of warnings saying that each user does not have a password. Is it critical that we have passwords?

Thanks

reset the phone should clear but ring BT 0800378822 or 154 and report fault, and get IPO to the latest service pack

Trust me it's a display glitch, sometimes it the left half of a 0, sometimes the right half of the 0 and sometimes as in the OPs picture its the top half of a 0 and the rarest of the breed is a couple of dots. It the combo card, if you swap that 1408 with a 9508 you will find the display works fine but then after a while DTMF will not be heard while dialling until you reboot the phone....it's great fun :)

And there I was praising our new Avaya system haha.

Maybe a software update one day will fix these issues.

I can see that there is a new service pack for system but I do not have an Avaya account to use there website. Plus, I had a bad experience upgrading our old LG LDK-20 so I think I will leave it!

How ever I have noticed that when I load up the Avaya Manager software, there is an upgrade wizard..... I must admit it is tempting haha.

I don't know what the headset symbol is for, but the "G" means the phone is part of a group.

The system is great ....if you aren't hitting any bugs, in your case it's a dodgy card. I don't think upgrading will help (it hasn't in my case(s)) :)

amriddle, does replacing the card permanently fix it? is there a certain PCS level of the combo card this happens on? This isn't a firmware release issue on the processor?

I have seen variants of this on 1416 phones as well, V7 software but suspect it is hardware/firmware in the phone causing this character fragment.

Try changing the display setting to show the name and see if it recurs.

Ok thanks for the tip. I have changed the phones to display the name of that person. The bat has disappeared for the time being so I will keep an eye on it.

Just another small question, is it possible to remove 'BT IP Office' from the idle screen? We would like it to say our company name if possible.

WP_20150306_001.jpg

And as always, you guys are super helpful!

You can't ever remove that logo through programming, it's a burned in BT licence. Only way to get shot is to remove the licence from the system programming and then swap the main chassis :)

As Andy said.

BT Are evil.

I suspect they also sold you loads of licences you dont need as well.

can you post a screen shot of the licences on the switch? I'm curious as with all the BT sites we have taken over these customers were charged for licences they would never use.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Yeah sure...

licencescreenshot.png

DMS10tech: It only lasted about 5 minutes haha

WP_20150306_002.jpg

LOL - In this case two sets of licences the same and two are invalid.

Have you compared what you have on your switch vs what you paid?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Here is a copy of the order:

Link

I have cropped some details such as telephone numbers & addresses.

And this was chucked into the box when we got it:

Link

I'm guessing we have been ripped off by BT quite abit lol?

Actually thats quite cheap.

I am guessing now they have you in a 5 yr contract for your calls and lines and maintenance?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

I have seen pages of unnecessary licences and crap on BT bills with 5 year agreements.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Yes we are in a 5 year contract for the lines & maintenance, but we did buy the system out right.

Well at least we didn't get ripped off.... Maybe got ripped off on the BT maintenence but time will tell!

That's not cheap really, we would have beat that quote by at least £300, more if you'd really asked nicely and not on 5yr term either.....hey ho :)

holdmusic34, lol at the bat from atari adventure. I remember that game from the 80's
That's worth a star!

Andre

And those line/channel rentals are steep, especially on 5yr term...wowsers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back