Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What does the "E" stand for in CS1000E? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
What does the "E" stand for in CS1000E? I know the "M" in CS1000M stands for Multi-group, but what about the E?

Good question. I will put money on "Ethernet" since it moves from a traditional TDM switching backbone to an IP or Ethernet environment.

John

Communication Server 1000E
a full-featured IP-distributed telephony communications system

Communication Server 1000M
a full-featured IP telephony communications system ideal for existing Nortel Meridian 1 customer looking to evolve to IP while leveraging their existing telephony investment.

i don't think even Nortel knew what it stood for.... they changed it so many times....

1000S
1000E
1000M HG
1000M SG
1000M MG
1000M Cabinet
1000M Chasis
Succession

and more....

maybe E was Evolution? and M was for Meridian (legacy),

I vote "Enhanced"

The SL-1 VLE (circa 1980's) stood for Very Large Enhanced

Find more at GHTROUT.com

How about Epic, Everything, Ergonomic, or Ego?? Anyway I have no idea....

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I found out the the "M" in CS1000M stands for "modular". Also, CS1000 means that you are IP enabled, otherwise you would be an Option81. Now we just need the definative answer to the "E" question.

Epic Failure. Oh wait that's geo-redundancy I get confused.

I always thought CS1000S (Small), CS1000M (Meridian) and CS1000E (Enterprise)
However they are all SAMs (Still A Meridian).

I seem to remember some course material saying Enterprise (deff not the STAR SHIP though)

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

I thought the E was for Enterprise or Extended and the M was for Meridian, while the S used to be Standard or Small, B is for Branch, that one we all know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back