Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do you need to install a 10 line phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH1

Instructor
Jul 29, 2002
US
Our business wants to install a 10 line (or more) multi-line telephone. We currently have a consumer 4 line phone which was very easy to install... you simply connected the 4 telephone lines to the jacks on the back of the phone.

What wiring/installation is required for telephones that are capable of handling 10 lines or more? What else must I consider to accomplish this installation?

Any information or suggestions or informative web sites would be greatly appeciated.

Thank you!!

alanh1

Hi, alanh1 the question you are asking all depends on how much you want to spend. The reason why I say that is because
you are stepping out in business world were you would need a phone system which whould do what you wan't and then some.
If you have more questions let me know.

J Cadina IV
AKA (HWNGAMBER)

HWNGAMBER is right it's a new game for you. A simple answer to your question is. You need a location where you can put the KSU. This is also where you junction all your wiring. You would be wise to use 4 pair wire. Have one wire run per phone back to this junction point. your phone numbers also must come to this junction point. You should have surge protection for your phone lines & pwr. to protect your investment. Check your local yellow pages or check with some of your customers or other businesses close to you. Refurbished systems usually come with a one year warranty and remember "you get what you pay for". Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back