Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What do you hate most about Vista? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpjust

Programmer
Sep 23, 2003
US
OK, now that I see the question about what people like most about Vista, I'm wondering what the other people have to say? ;-)
(My hypothesis is that this list will be longer than the other post, but lets just wait and see)

Well, lucky you and aren't you special,
no need to get sarcastic...
It turns out that there is a conflict with Realtek drivers.
I agree, it just did not happen with my rig (YET)... this may be due to various things I did to VISTA (ergo getting rid of the watchdogs etc.)...
The crapware that does not work on Vista
I was reffering to Symantec and McAffee in my earlier POST... and since I do not use PhotoShop I can't really say, but a customer of ours does - where it works without a flaw (except that he is not happy with the stability of the OS at all)...

Here is a little prog I use to kill a few things in VISTA and XP...
XP AntiSpy

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off" is a Help and Support article, searchable via the Start Menu. There is always MsConfig in Start Run too.

Symantec uninstaller may not finish the job

Install Windows Vista on Toshiba Laptop Without All Bloatware?
thread1583-1418627

no need to get sarcastic...

But there is. I am exasperated and bitter and snarley, and sarcasm works. It may be the only way to stay sane. Now the beast won't let me delete files I just put on. Linney's given some good tips, but I definitely need sarcasm.

Thanks for youse who give info on getting rid of user control and Windows Defender.

I'd add to my list of annoyances the user interface in control panel. you really can't add or change users in any way I can find. It's extremely limiting.

Again, try it via the Help and Support program, searching for "Create a user account". Use the links in the resulting page to get to the right area via "Click to open user accounts".

I'd add to my list of annoyances the user interface in control panel. you really can't add or change users in any way I can find. It's extremely limiting.
Try entering (at the command prompt):

[tt]control userpassword2[/tt]

That everyone keeps complaining about it.

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

Well, just to follow up, I updated my video drivers, and installed the latest CorelDraw, and the problem went away.

:)

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

$179 Corel Draw upgrade later, Corel Draw X3 doesn't work correctly with Vista. Hopefully it will function correctly with the three necessary patches. Working on the user accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back