Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What can you do about a fraudulent company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimLeece

Technical User
Nov 12, 2002
JP
Hi there -
I am not sure if this is the correct forum - but I could do with some help or advice.
I recently made an order over the internet with a company based in Seattle. It was for a childrens English language video course. The company did not respond to the order in any way - but did debit my credit card for about $250 last month. As I continued to receive no information, or delivery, I wrote them an email about two weeks ago - to which I again have had no reply. I have sent them another email this morning, but am not really sure if this will be any more successful than before.
In the event that I continue to receive no reply I would like to know if there is anyway to report them for fraud. I live in Japan and as I said - the company is American.

I would really appreciate any help on this!

Kim.

'Everybody is ignorant - only on different subjects.'
Will Rogers.

Hi Kim,

Have you contacted the credit card company about this? The normally have insurance for purchases and you can ask them to refund the money.

Hope this helps

Wullie

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Wullie is correct. Contact your CC company & do what is called a chargeback. The company will put the money back into your account. Let them know that you have not received your merchandise & all further contact with the company has not been returned.

Thank you all for the replies. As of this morning I still didn't receive any reply, so I am going to give the company another 24 hrs and then report them. For those interested I found this site to report them at:
I used a VISA credit card, and will contact them tomorrow - again, thank you for the advice!

Kim.

'Everybody is ignorant - only on different subjects.'
Will Rogers.

Just an update to say that the credit card company is issuing a chargeback - thanks for the input!

Kim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back