Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Remote Directory Number Does not Exist issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

osgoodr

Technical User
Aug 1, 2013
GB
Hi Guys,

I have a wierd problem that I dont know how to troubleshoot.

In the telephone directory there are numbers with range 1200 - 1299. I need to allocate this range to another controller.

When I search the number 1252 for example, I get the following

Locate number 1252
The number refers to a remote directory number.
Locate feature extension 1252
Remote DN to CEID 7, routing digits 3007.

So I login to the clustered controller where the Remote DN is located and get the following ?

LOCATE: Invalid or nonexistent extension number or id number.
Locate number 1252
The number is not in use.

How do I remove these referances from the telephone directory so I can allocate the range and also what would cause this issue ?

Any help is apprecaited as always.

Rob

Try locate number on remote node instead, could be a SSC or FAC or the like.

LOCATE: Invalid or nonexistent extension number or id number.
Locate number 1252
The number is not in use.

That was on the remote node 3007 as pointed to on my 'master' controller, thats why I found it incredibly odd.

Also I dunno what you mean by those acronyms SSC/FAC.

Cheers,

Rob

System speed calls or feature access codes, have you tried to delete the telephone directory entry and proceed from there?

Have you tried simply creating an extension on the remote node to see what happens?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

If you look at the remote directory form on the local controller, do you see those numbers? What Load of software? I think in MCD 4 and older you could still delete enteries from the remote directory form. Past that it can be done but Mitel product support needs to do it.

The reason for it is sometimes when you delete extensions SDS problems occur and the extension is deleted in its primary controller but none of the remote directory numbers are removed.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

If you have a login on the Mitel website I just saw an article on how to remove this if it is an error. Let me know if you have access and I can point you to the article.

Can you gave me where to find this info? I have the same problem.
I have access to MOL, but I don't find the article...

Thanks.

Alphaman, I have access to MOL, can you please share the link.

Kwb/Loopylou I've tried creating the extensions but says the number already exists, however on the remote DN it lets me create the number. I think there is some SDS database inconsistancy going on.

Cheers,

Rob

Logged into MOL, still saying i need to login to MOL to access content.

Fail.

Ok login onto MOL, under the Support menu click on Mitel Knowledge Base. Once that screen loads along the right look at the Related Links box and click on Mitel 3300 Controllers Knowledge Base. In the new Tech Central Solutions Windows search remove RDN and the article is called How to remove RDN on a cluster where DN no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back