Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webcam installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgrumpy

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
GB
can anyone tell me why my labtec webcam freezes 10 secs after opening.
the driver set is from logitech, the installation appears to go ahead without problems but is unusable.i have tried both logitech and labtec support with no answers from either of them
i'm running XP professional..on athlon 1.2ghz with 512mb ram
ps ...camera worked fine until i upgraded to XP.[CRY]

Have you tried disconnecting the Webcam from the machine. Uninstalling all drivers for the webcam. Reboot and re-install drivers but don't connect webcam until after installation of drivers.

If problem persists check Device Manager for any clues. Also check your Event Viewer too.

I did an upgrade from Win98 to XP Pro on my puter. I had to do what Linney said and uninstall the drivers and then put on the latest versions. I haven't had a problem with my labtec webcam since.

Good luck!

thanks for the replies but i have tried all ways to install the beast...it always does the same thing, I even took it back to the shop and exchanged it ....the new one is exactly the same with the same result,
maybe i'll save up for a decent one ....any thoughts as to a good one would be appreciated.
thanks again [cry]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back