Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Collaboration works for Power users but not Office worker users

Status
Not open for further replies.

tektekkie

Technical User
Feb 15, 2007
GB
I have a problem with trying to get Web Collaboration working correctly.

The system software is version 9.1 SP3. There are 55 users and 75 web collab licenses. There are also enough Power user and Office worker user licenses to cover all 55 users.

The problem I get is only the users set as Power users get the Web collab element in One-X portal but the Office worker users don't.
Every user has the Web collab option ticked on. Help files say that either Power user or Office worker users can use web collaboration with a web collab license.

Am I missing something ? I can't find much in the tech docs about installing and configuring Web Collaboration.

Any help appreciated.

Hi
I think you will find that while One X P will work with Office worker, Web Collaboration requires a Power User License.
I assume you also running VM Pro and One X P on the Application Server and not Windows?

Training material attached.

Technolgy - The Mother of Frustration

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8dc8d127-e694-45de-a5a0-37b2719835fb&file=Web_Collaboration_Configuration.pdf
There is also a web collaboration license available:

Web Collaboration licenses
Order code License Description
340052: IPO R9.1 WEB COLLAB USER 1 ADI LIC 1 user
340051: IPO R9.1 WEB COLLAB USER 1 PLDS LIC 1 user
339185: IPO-SL R9.1 WEB COLLAB USR 1 PLDS LIC 1 user – Select

I was pretty sure that WebCollaboration requires a PowerUser license for the WebCollab user. To avoid telling something stupid I read in knowledgebase and found that office worker and teleworkers can use WebCollaboration as well.

Thanks slamminhammo for the training material, it was really useful.

I found that there was no Web collaboration service installed on my Application Server so I had to manually install the service and Web Collab started working.

I am not yet totally out of the woods on this one as I still have some configuration left to do to get things working correctly.

The training docs show a Voicemail Pro callflow for allowing callers to access the conference bridge by entering the bridge number.
It is quite difficult to replicate that callflow without a description of what each element in the callflow contains.

Can someone please help me with instructions of how I can set up such a callflow?

I am also having trouble with another side of the set up. I have added a 3rd party Certification Authority root certificate to the Linux Application server and it was accepted successfully and have since rebooted the server.
When I browse to I immediately get the security certificate warning page saying that the certificate is not trusted. Looking at the certificate offered it is showing as issued by one-x portal for IP office and not the 3rd party CA certificate.
How do I get the One-X Portal/Web Collaboration server to offer the trusted certificate to users browsing to the https address?

Thanks

That Callflow is not currently public, it is delivered as part of the VMPro 9.1 installation. Look in the File | Included Files menu in VMPro client (working from poor memory as not near a system at the moment).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks but I can't seem to find any callflows there, only seems to be wav files. I must be missing something. Could you please confirm when you get a chance and let me know.

@slamminhammo have you ever work with Avaya Communicator for IPAD using IPO 9.1 ?? . Im having problems with collaboration feature with IPAD . I received some warning about the collaboration certificate is not the correct one but im pretty sure that im installed the correct one following this articules SOLN265433 & SOLN271667 from support.avaya . Could you please give some ideas or some way to debug this certificate problem? .

Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back