Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weather and Clock apps stopped working out of blue, Location not recognized!!! 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob83

Technical User
May 6, 2011
US
Hi guys,
Anyone of you has experienced that Weather and World clock applications have stopped working suddenly...I have Avaya CM 6.2 with IP phones 96x1 FW.6.2, location is NY, USA.
the error in phones refers that the "location is not recognized"!!!
I did sniff trace from the phone to weather to see the communication between the both and it turns out that the phone is sending the location ZIP code to weather.com but weather.com is replying with HTTP error "3000" that something is wrong with the key parameters! below is the sniff information

GET /wxdata/loc/1xxxx.xml?key=a3d11fae-205a-11e1-b440-001422205930 HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: AVAYA/SPICE/v6.2+(9621)/Std/0.1
Host: wxdata.weather.com
Accept: */*
Pragma: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Expires: 0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Content-Length: 97
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
X-Varnish: 874342536
X-Cache-Hits: 0
Cache-Control: max-age=258266
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:23:29 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

<error type="3000" cat="keys">
<text>'Command' requires a valid API key</text>
</error>

"I have removed the ZIP code from the sniff"
Appreciate any Suggestion if you have?
Thank you
Jacob

The ReadMe for H.323 6.2.1 has the following as a "resolved" item:
US Zip codes not working with the new Weather API.

FWIW, the currently available load is H.323 6.4.0.

Thanks Gwebser for the reply,
I've just upgraded the FW for 9621G IP Phone to the latest: 6.4014 and reseted the values of the phone but the issue is still the same... the bizarre thing that it was working fine for long time... I don't know what went wrong!
I'm wondering if something have changed from the weather.com itself.

Regards,

I believe the API key the phones use has expired. We have a case open with Avaya, I'll try to update you with the resolution, but I think it will be either a new key in a new release, or maybe with the current in-climate weather there have been too many calls to the API.
The 6.4 release uses the same key as the older firmware, it doesn't work either as you have found out.

Thank you Wingsup, that really makes sense.
I will be waiting for your update...

Thank you,
Jacob

Something is definitely up with the API. I've experienced this issue on 9621, 9641 and 9670 in CM and IPO environments.

Marc Berman
Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Project Manager
Carousel Industries

Yes it is, Thank you all.

Regards,
Jacob

It's back working now. The Avaya tech won't offer any details, but I bet they had to pay the weather.com bill :)
So at least we don't have to wait on new firmware.

Gents, I noticed that if I use "New York, NY" as a location in the phone then it cannot retrieve the data from weather.com successfully...N/A, N/A...Although other locations in NY do, e.g. Central park, York...etc.
Have you tried this in your sets too? I'm wondering why!
Actually, some NY areas' zip codes are referring to "New York, NY" location and that makes users to feel that the issue still exist!

Cheers,
Jacob

Again.. it's just worked by itself or perhaps Avaya and Weaher.com fixed it :)

we have this wonderful new technology in our office called a window ....[bugeyed]

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back