Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

we have connected EcoServe and OSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdulRashid

Technical User
Mar 10, 2012
PK
we have connected EcoServe and OSB softgate through STMI module, by using sip Q, we can make audio call.
but can't make video call.we always get answer "video invitation failed".we are using 'GrandStream' video phone.
is there any possibility to make video call? we have tried SIP native too.
well we are calling to internal number then we can make video call. but we can not go out through STMI.

Video is not supported for external calls. It's supported on limited handsets, on a softgate, with internal calls and working DMC. Anything else is unlikely. You won't get it working external.

One more thing I want to add that, there are three PBX are connected on our network, 1=Ecoserver, 2=OSB S, 3=Cisco
we have connected "OSB S" to "Cisco" by using native SIP trunking.
on this network we are able to make video call.
but unfortunately we are not able to make video call between "Ecoserver and OSB S". Although we are able to make audio call.
and we are not able to make video call between "Ecoserver and Cisco" and can make audio call,
IS THAT ANY HOPE !!!!!!

In the Unify/Siemens (4000) world, to my knowledge because I have played with it, you can do wideo calls from an OS60 SIP to another OS60 SIP. You need to have a compatible webcam plugged in to the USB port on the phone, and there are some settings on the phone by both the administrator and the user to enable the video on the phone, along with DMC as already mentioned. If you go onto the Unify Wiki there is a documentation sheet that explains how to do SIP video between 2 OS60 phones - it gives the preferred webcams (I'm using a low end Logitech one) and where the settings are. I don't know what happens between different flavors of the PBX even if they are all the same brand. If you can find that Wiki document (try searching for videoconferencing, or SIP video or OS60 video, or maybe just looking on the OS60 page and there might be a link)

Link to Wiki Document

You will also note video for Unify SIP V3 R1 minimum is referenced in the Admin and User manuals for that version of SIP.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back