Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

We are Adding more Offices - Upgrade IPO 500v2 to Hosted or VM or? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
I've gotten the go-ahead to remove the old Shop Analog lines from our IPO 500 v2 R9.1 system and go all H323 sets which means we should be able to get rid of the IPO 500v2 Chassis and use the Hosted or Server (VM) version of the IPO Software.

We have four Offices that have 100MB Connections between them and they all have 5610 Phones that Connect to the IPO 500v2 at the HQ office.
We will be Adding 3 additional Offices over the Next three Years.

the IPO 500 v2 system is Currently Supporting about 150 Users (between the four offices). Over the next three years we will probably add another 50 People both at the three new and some at the existing offices.

We have a Hyper-V Cluster, a couple VMWare ESXi Systems and Azure Hosted Systems. Should I put one System in with enough resources to handle all of the Users/Calls or should I have Multiple?
Our Telco is a Internet SIP Provider. 2 of the 7 Location will have Dedicated Internet, all of the other Offices will have a Mesh Network to connect them. Seems like one server at the Primary Location and a Backup at the 2nd Internet Location?

I'm working with a Partner though wanted to get a feel from the people here what they like and are comfortable with and maybe some questions/concerts they have that I should bring up to the partner.

Tbanks!

The 5610 sets are not supported on R10.2+, so if the sets are not replaced then hosted is not a option asa it runs R10+
Then only a local SE or IP500v2 are left to choose from.
Either one will do the job.

That’s not good, we probably have 150+ 56xx and 46xx sets.

Does the SE R11 support the 56xx and 46xx phones?

What phones does the hosted version support?

I’m assuming I can have a hybrid setup where I have the new offices hosted and the existing on SE and run SCN between them? Then phase out the 56xx when I get the funds and migrate existing offices over to hosted?

Call your maintainer / Businesses partner that is what they are there for.
This is not a project you should be planning unaided.

If your Maintainer cant assist they that should give you some idea about their competency

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I wanted to be sure I had good Intel on the project before I engaged them so I knew what questions to ask, etc.

Thanks!

stownsend said:
I wanted to be sure I had good Intel on the project before I engaged them so I knew what questions to ask, etc.
Now that is wise.

as you have already discovered your legacy handsets are going to be a problem whichever route you take.
IIRC they are not even supported on V9.1 (although do work, it has been confirmed that they do not work on V10.1 & upwards)
Also do you use any advanced apps
reporting, call recording etc as these could all be affected by an upgrade.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back