Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want Visual dbase 7.01 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

appealsww

Programmer
Sep 20, 2007
GB
thread289-1467056
I badly want to get hold of Visual dbase 7.01 as my current version 7.0 won't run with over about 512MB of RAM. Where can I download it, or could someone who has a copy kindly make it available to me?

Regards,
J Hall

If you can't find a copy being sold on eBay, you can try recycledsoftware.com which has Borland V.dBase 7.01 for $80.

Thanks very much. I have now discovered that the memory problem can be overcome by changing MAXMEM in the MSCONFIG file. However, I'm not sure if this applies to Vdb 7.0 (my current version) or only to Vdb 7.01. Also, I don't know how exactly one makes the change - e.g. what the value of MAXMEM should be changed to, and so on.

If anyone has any information on this, I'd be grateful.

JH

I have now verified an amazing fact. Visual dbase 7.0 will only run

1) if the RAM is 512MB or less, OR
2) if the RAM is at least 2GB

With 1GB of RAM, I was unable to run Vdb7. Now I have increased the RAM to 2GB and it runs fine.

So you don't need to upgrade to Vdb 7.01 or change the Boot.ini file, etc. Hope this information may prove useful to someone.

Julian Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back