Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Want to be able to pick up call to Operator at any phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wastiehl

Programmer
Feb 24, 2003
US
Norstar VoiceMail 4.0
Incoming call rings in one place (operator's station), can be answered by anyone. BUT after selecting an extension and leaving a message, user hits "0" for operator, call rings at operator's phone (as before) EXCEPT now it's not possible for others in office to pick up.

try a directed call pick-up of that extension. Feature 76 and the DN of the phone.

Thanks for Feature 76, helpful and good to know.
But two problems remain: 1) cannot program F76 NNNN onto a button and 2) user has no apparent way of knowing whether F76 is necessary because he can pick up normally when the call first comes in to that number before the caller has detoured to voicemail.

After justaphoneguy's tip, I read about Group Pickup. So I have added phones to pickup group 1. Works fine. Concern: the manual indicates that display reads "Pickup grp:" for programming but I am seeing "OLI:". I have the desired result, but what exactly did I just do?

Press Feature * 0
then press the key you programmed to be the "Pickup" key
this will let you know what the key is programmed as, and you'll know if you did your programming correctly.

Louie Roldan

Pickup group is under "capabilities" not "line access".
I think OLI has something to do with CallerID.

If you have phones that you don't want picked up by anyone, change them to another group than 1.

OLI = Outgoing Line Identification I believe.
This is the number that shows up at the phone you are calling.
When exactly are you seeing "OLI" on the display wastiehl?
When you pickup a call, or when you are programming the button?

Hello AlquestTech:
>>When exactly are you seeing "OLI" on the display?
When you pickup a call, or when you are programming the button?

Neither. "OLI:" when I'm programming the phone to put users into a pickup group: **266344, Show, number, Show, Show, Next, Next, Next, Next, Next

I seem to have the desired result, picking up a ringing phone on another desk, but I don't know what I've done with "OLI:".

Buttons are just programmed for "Group Pickup."
Thanks.

Oh. Ok, you have not done anything with OLI.
You would just enter the Outgoing Line ID in this space.
If you do not see any digits there, you did not enter any in there.
You should be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back