Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wakeup calls for IPO 500 in a hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autox95

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2010
US
I have a customer that I'm quoting an IPO 500 with 140 analog phones. He doesn't need special management interface software like DuVoice. He just needs something to make wakeup calls for the time they are set to. It also has to be reasonably priced. I have been looking around and can not find much. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Apparently Voicemail Pro has an 'alarm set action' I've only used earlier versions but there seem to be more features in IPO Office 9.

I did notice

The Voicemail Pro is limited to 2 outgoing alarm calls at the same time (subject to voicemail port availability). Any additional alarm calls are delayed until the existing alarm calls have been completed.

which may be a problem for 140 guests!

sounds like you need a pbx with a good hospitality package, mitel switches are more geared for this application.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

I haven't done an VM Pro yet, I don't think???? Can't remember. Anyway is that an additional license? The hotel is mostly 80 rooms filled. Can you get give it more ext/buy it with more ports?

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

An old Mitel is what he has now and he wants it GONE!

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

yes but you will need a prefered license for voicemail pro and additional ports require an license as well

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

WAKE UP CALL™: Hotel / Motel Wake Up System Software

Someone was looking for the same thing some time ago.

This may be your best (and maybe only) choice.

No need for preferred edition.
But you need a middleware for there PMS. I guess they use something with FIAS2 interface, like Opera.
This is what the hotel is using to book, check in/out and bill the guests.
IP Office is perfect with HC-Star. HC-Star has wakeup, check-in/out, room status, guest voice mail, and more.
It can be installed on a virtual PC, needs low resources and is working without problems!

See here:

Albus. That sounds interesting if the cost is low enough. The problem is that the link you sent me is for Germany. How do I get Tech support when the phone numbers are in Germany?

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Calling Europe from the States shouldnt be that hard right? We do the same other way around :p

Well that would be fine if my cell phone while I'm on site would let me call out of the US.

Michael A
Managing Officer
904 Comm Net LLC
904commnet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back