Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wake up call text on display

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLSbutton

Technical User
Mar 2, 2010
US
Hi there,

Is like to show "wake up call" on the phone display when I dial *68.

I tried to place it into the phonebook but since there is a "*" in the code, I can't add a name in the phonebook.

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

What if you changed the Asterisk code *68 to something else like 550 (anything without a * or # as the first digit) and enter that in the Phonebook. Might be worth a try.

I had a look at my system (release 4.5) and there is a Wake up Call page where you are able to put in whatever you want to display on the phone set receiving the call. I changed mine to say several different things and it worked fine every time.

I did this on a 4.0 UCx and can change the "Wake Up Caller ID" to state a different message for each Scheduled Wake Up Call created from the GUI. Works fine.....

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Hey thanks for the help guys....

I am going to try changing the feature codes for the wake up calls to a non * feature code such as 668 or something like that, update the phonebook to show "Wake Up Call" when dialing 668 and then when a user dials the wake up call, they will see the words Wake Up Call on the phones display when they are placing the wake up call.

Thank you,

Joe

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back