Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VT520 no input being received from keyboard when online 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadtek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2012
US
I can only get into the setup menu by pressing F3. When I take the terminal offline, and exit setup mode, I can then type into the keyboard and see the letters on the screen. When it's back on online mode, I type, and nothing comes up on the screen. So I cannot login to my PBX.

yes it was disabled but I had reset the settings to factory default and I tried reconfiguring to 8-N-1 9600 BAUD but I only get strange characters when trying to log in. I tried all settings from 1200 up to 9600 with no success. I wish I knew about the TTY being disabled before I did a reset! [neutral]

Do you know which tty port it is connected to? I believe the VT 100 in default is 9600-8-1-n. In the settings change it to 7 2 and mark parity and see if that works. Then fool with the baud rate. The baud rate is going to be a crap shoot though.

I have had to use the 7-2-mark settings in the past depending on what kind of switch I was connecting to. Good luck

KCFLHRC THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE OPTIONS WORKED~!!!!!!-
2400 BAUD
7 and 2
Parity Mark

Your TTY is more than likely on a paddle board in an Option 81 C, it's an NT8D41 AA or BA, the AA is a dual port and the BA is a quad. There is no parity settings on the card, just baud rate and either DCE or DTE mode along with port addressing. You would have to look at the actual switches to determine the baud rate. It could be 150,300,600,1200,2400,4800,or 9600. I do believe on the paddle boards you will need to set it up 7/2/mark and then fool with the baud rate.

yep got it fixed look at post above yours

The NTP also references using 7/1/space parity, you may try that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back