Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN on Win2KServ - Cannot setup RRAS only 1 NIC - error msg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzguy777

Vendor
Sep 17, 2002
My Win2K Server goes through out Linksys BEFSR41 Router so the Server only has 1 Network Interface Card.

Here is how I setup VPN:
I open Routing and Remote Access console in the Administrative Tools folder, right-click the server and then click Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access>Virtual private network [VPN] server. Click Next if TCP/IP is only protocol you will use. Select a connection you will connect to on the Internet Connection.

Problem is then I get to this point. My only choice is "No Internet" or the only Network interface Card of the Server. When I choose the '3COM' NIC of the server it says:

"You have chosen the last available connection as the Internet connection. A VPN Server requires that one connectoin be used as the private network connection."

Any ideas?

So to have VPN in a Win2K Server you really have to have 2 NICs?

One dedicated to VPN alone?

I think it will work if you choose "no internet", then continue on with the wizard....

it will but I will access the VPN server from my home via DSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back