Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP Calls between BCM50s go immediately to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttscanada

Programmer
May 4, 2007
CA
I have 2 BCM50s, each in a different city, connected with 4 VoIP Trunks. System A can call System B internally, and use System B's Pool A lines for external calls, no problem.

System B can call System A, and can use System A's Pool A for external calls no problem.....but when they try to dial an internal extension it goes directly to that extensions voicemail.

The only odd thing about the programming is that System A has night service on during the day because they want the AA to take calls during the day but want a chance to answer it at night.

I'm reasonably sure it's the night service causing the problem and have tried everything I can think of, including changing the control set for the VoIP trunks and Target Lines to something other than the one controling night service.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Did you build target lines with recieved digits duplicating there extentions?

Yes. The target lines are built with public and private received numbers duplicating the extensions, with the network id included on the private.

Thru further testing I have found that removing the control set from the target line fixes the problem on a version 1 system (our test unit) but does not fix the problem on the version 2 system of my customer. I'm currently making sure the unit has all available patches....but none of the patch notes mentions this issue. So unless it's an unmentioned part of a patch I don't hold out much hope for that.

Check/change the ring group that the target lines are assigned to. Ring group 1 is the default for all lines. If ring group 1 is used by a night service that could explain your issue.

I make it a habit to remove all sets from ring group 1 and assign lines that need to be handled by a night service to ring group 2 or some other ring group.

Have you used the Monitor program to see what is being sent to the other system, you might be sending an invalid number.

Thanks...I'll check the ring group for the target lines again though I thought I had removed them.

With the Monitor program I see the call going out of the far end on the VoIP trunks, and coming in on the near system on the VoIP trunk, then momentarily alerting the extension, then immediately going to the Voicemail DN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back