Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Our Option 11c system lost power all weekend. Now the system is up and running fine with the exception of the voicemail. I am a novice and do not know where to begin. The terminal is listing the following line about every 30 senconds:

CSA001 9 13:43:42 11/03/2002 4

Can anyone walk me through this?? The power to the building was shut down but the switch it self has not been touched.
Help appreciated....

Thanks!

First go to ld 48 and disable the aml link then reseat the voicemail card (pull it out and put it back in)the green light will come on and then go out for a while enable the aml link useing the acms command. then go into vmail and watch it boot up at first you wont see anything come across the screen but give it time and it should boot up on it own after that.

Phonedude:

Thanks for the response..

I did what you said (turns out the aml link was already disabled. I pulled out the card (no lights) when it is out the green light came on. Pushed it back in and the light went out again. Went back to the terminal to re-enable but I am having no luck. I tried every command in the book. (enl aml x ... etc..). When I ask for a aml status It reads the following:

aml: 09 ESDI: 09

LYR2: DISABLED LYR7: DOWN DSBL

ANY IDEAS???

TIA

In ld 48 type in acms 9 the aml link will only come back up when the voice mail is done restarting if you do the acms 9 and go in to vmail and watch to see how vmail boots up and watch it all the way and see if it is failing some were it will take vmail about 4 or 5 minunites to come back up if it not cumming up then you might have a bad dsp card or something.

Its been awhile since I worked on MerMail, but I recall that if you have a backup tape in the tape drive, the mail will try to boot from it. If you have a backup tape in there, pop it out and try rebooting. If you did the ACMS command in the prior post, the link should come up after booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back