Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Transfer Button for IPO 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccctech

Vendor
Nov 3, 2005
US
Is their a way to create a button to transfer the caller directly to any users voicemail box, similar to the Direct to Voicemail button on a Merlin Legend/Magix? Customer does not want to press transfer, then a shortcode or another button, then the ext number. Also they don't like the idea of the short code for every user that will have to be updated each time they have a change of personnel. Thanks in advance.

Here is what I do sometimes. Create a Short code like this.

Short code #6xxx
Feature Voicemail Collect
Telephone number #6N
Line 0

THis would be for extensions begining with 6 and being 4 digits. Then i would put a button on the phone that dials the #. So you can do transfer The # button and then either press a programed user button or dial the extension number.

Hope this was what you were looking for.

Just to 'expand' that a little...

#XXX will work for any 3 digit extensions. #XXXX for 4 digit etc.

S/C : #XXX
F/T : Voicemail Collect
T/N : .

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

I have a similar situation.
I have shortcode built and it works fine dialing manually.
The customer wants to be able to press the xfer button then # and then the user button on the DSS.
It works fine until the particular user is busy.
When the user appearance on the DSS shows busy that procedure does not work.
There is a busy signal and incompatible shows on the screen of the phone.
I read in another post that the function of the button changes when the user is busy, but I don't understand how or why that is so.
Is there a way to trick it into working with a busy DSS appearance?
Please educate me O Wise Ones!

TIA
Todd

I have found the same problem. I couldnt find any solution to remedy it. Poor software coding is the likely to blame.

Dont know if it matters but have you tried to change dss status under the system tab?

I did try changing the dss status under the system tab and still have the same result.

well...I thought the same on the DSS until I installed 3.2.54...I could transfer # DSS button and call went through to voicemail unless the user was on the phone...so half way there I guess

But if the person is on the phone - then surely just pressing the DSS key (without pressing # first) would give you their voicemail?

I've not tried it yet - so I'm guessing.

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

"What do you mean - it wasn't broke until I fixed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back