Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail to Email not working for email distribution groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4btec

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2015
US
We are running IPO 9.0.4 with VMPro and utilize Exchange Online via Office365. Voicemail to email works for individual users (myself included), but I went to add a hunt group and I added an email distribution group for the email field and selected copy for the message, but they are not coming through. To test whether it was the hunt group or the distribution group that was causing the issue, I replaced my own email address with a distribution group, and nothing. So for some reason IPO isn't able to send to an email distribution group, I don't get it. Has anyone else had this issue?

I replaced my own email address with a distribution group, and nothing. So for some reason IPO isn't able to send to an email distribution group, I don't get it. Has anyone else had this issue?" So Voicemail to Email did not work for the hunt group when you replaced the distribution group with your own email address?

What happens if you replace yours with the distribution group email?

The only problem i have ran into w/ this is i had Broadcast checked for one of my hunt groups and each member received a copy of the voicemail rather than the distro i had in the voicemail email field.

By chance is the distro from a different domain? For each domain you need to put an entry into the VM Pro settings.

Does the group mailbox have a real SMTP address configured or is it just internal?

The distribution groups used in our solution are real email addresses that could be emailed from the outside. (Hope that is what you where asking)

the Vm doesn't differentiate between email addresses as it doesn't know a difference.
Turn on the logging in VmPro and you will see if it sends (which I think it will) and then the problem is with office 365 like so often.

Check the SPAM folder for it just in case as it seems Office 365 is pretty picky sometimes with it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back