Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail on Public Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

topao

Technical User
Apr 29, 2009
AU
Hey People

I've been asked to setup our reception phone so that on Public holidays it will automatically go to a different VM Box with an alternative message. As far as i can see i can use the CRHOL command to program in the public holidays but how can i set it to divert to an alternative Mailbox on those dates?

You have not mentioned the type of voicemail you have.

Guessing that it is a Nortel branded, why not use the same mailbox, but record and activate the alternate greeting?

That gives the user the same mailbox, same message retreical process. All it means is a little user education (maybe a lot of user education)

Unfortunately Education is out of the question, we've already tried it but due to the age of our receptionists they find it hard to do anything new that they haven't done for the last 30 years.

The VM is a Callpilot system were running it with a CS 1000. They want it setup to go to a different mailbox as so far most of our Holidays fall on a Monday so they want to keep the normal business hours message for the weekend

Use Application Builder to control the phone. Set up the a Date Control to have the phone go to a different Extension on Holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back