Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail not responding to touchtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickotrompke

Technical User
Aug 29, 2003
US
I have a merlin magix r4 with messaging r4. Sporadically when you call in (from any type of phone pots or cell) and try to dial a selector code and the auto attend. just keeps playing and doesn't respond. some days are worse than others. I doesn't seem to be line specific.

here is what my system has:

Processor
016 ETR
016 ETR
Merlin messaging 6 port lic.
useing AA and Delay announcements.

I don't know about merlin messaging, but in other voice mail system that can be an indication that the voicemail is too busy in a software loop caused by corruption. Usually a reboot will fix it.

option 3 for auto attendant option 1 for day 6 to modify change selector code (ie. extension are 200 change selector code two to 5 which is direct ext. transfer. by default anything above 4 usually doesn't. Also check option 1 option 5 (which is max. ext. length and make sure it reflects your extension length

I thought that 'rotary enabled' could cause possible static on the line making a 'switch hook flash' to occure.

If the AA will not respond to touch tones, then set those VMS ports to be rotary enabled. This is necessary with the MerMsg.

Pepperz@newper.net

See if this is happening on all lines or just certain lines. I had a problem awhile back that was similar to yours. It was only happening on one line It was a problem with the provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back