Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice quality issues after upgrade to 11.1 FP2 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus2

Programmer
Sep 18, 2010
CH
After upgrading to 11.1 FP2 and installation of Log4j patches, customer reports issues with voice quality.

It's a Server Edition. No SBC, just native Avaya remote workers. (Workplace Windows)
They did not have such problems before, and we did not change the config, just update.
They say, it's fine in the office, but bad quality when a home office user with Workplace is involved. In this case, the home office user does not hear the caller well.
The external caller always has good audio.

Any idea where to look after?

Get a packet capture on the SE and if poss on the remote users PC then have a look at the RTP streams to see if there's any issue with loss, jitter or rtd.

I will do that on the IPO, but not sure if it is possible to capture something useful on a user's PC.

However, what is different in FP2? It was no problem before.
They changed something for remote workers. It is "Allow Direct Media Within NAT Location" which should help in some situations.
I'm not saying this is the issue, but something got changed about how remote worker calls are handled.

It's the same people with same internet and same device from same home office, also same codec. Just with FP2 the voice quality is bad.
[ponder]

The call, recorded on SE, is perfect.
So, the problem must be from IPO SE to the home user. But not from the home user back to the IPO.

How can I decode the PCAP on client side? The call is per TLS.
I'm not so much of a Wireshark expert...

I have the same problem after upgrading to 11.1 FP2 and installation of Log4j patches.
Is there anyone who has an solution to fix this? [ponder]

I did capture a call in IPO, but there we have perfect sound when listening to the PCAP.
However, somehow the audio gets bad when it arrives at the Workplace for the user at home.

I tried to deactivate the OPUS Codec via custom 46xxsettings.txt File but there is no effect to solve the problem.
When I look in the calldetails with the Systemstatustool and Monitortool, I can see that all calls where made with the G722 Codec.

Also we found out, that transfered calls are pretty good.
I think there is a problem with the dezentral mediastreaming.

I tried to deactivate the OPUS Codec via custom 46xxsettings.txt File but there is no effect to solve the problem.
NEVER use a custom 46xxsettings.txt file on an IPO 11 system. If you want to try modifying anything, do it in a 46xxspecials.txt which is parsed after the autogenerated 46xxsettings.txt.

Okay, thank for the info with the 46xxsecials.txt.

Now I have deactivated the opus codec system wide. Nothing changed.

...as just announced elsewhere, Workplace 3.24 can use the 46xxspecials file.

but yes, there's no need to be fiddling in the 46xxsettings file to make changes for codecs.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
It's still unresolved for us, also with the FP2-SP1.

My system is restored from backup and the latest config re-applied. Services deactivated.
Then all is fine.
11.1 FP2 SP1 is the same as FP2 with patches. No other fixes. So, I wait for FP2 SP2 to try again.

Thank you for the info. In Germany we say in this situation "Katastrophe

Hi All,

Just to let you know, we experience this as well. We have been playing with codec today and for us, selecting ulaw for remote extensions makes a big improvement. Ofcourse it's not ok at all.

We will raise a ticket today.

Hi,

It seems we have a similar problem and we did some testing, if Media Security is set to Preferred it means audio is SRTP between devices, we have bad audio to client and if Media Security is disabled it means audio is RTP, the audio is OK . It looks there is a problem with the audio encryption.

Hi,

seems like this is the solution, but I can't download the CP.
When I follow the link in the first article, I get the response that this site is unavailable.

The links in the second article are restricted for "normal" users and looks like that these are the next service packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back