Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

progc

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2005
US
If I change from Intuity mode to IP Office do the users need to change anything or do they need to only know the new prompts?

Also, will I need to reset up any Auto-Attendant settings?

Thanks!

i think they will have to record their greeting and activate this greeting.

gknight,

Thanks for the response.

Is anyone sure if you have to redo anything?

Thanks!

You don't have to reprogram anything.

Just rerecord the greetings as gknight1 said.
In Infinity mode the greetings are saved as name-X.wav X for what greeting number and in IP Office mode they are just saved as name.wav so you can rename the greetings if you don't want to rerecord them all.

Why would you do this??

If users are used to the Intuity mode then leave it alone. And besides, any most new features are Inutity only.

If it aint broken, don't fix it!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Because that's what the client wants.

Best answer there is.

Jamie said:
And besides, any most new features are Inutity only

Just to be controversial - thats where the problem is. It is the only reason to use intuity mode...

is it possible to get Avaya to chnage their mind?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Mailbox administration for users a to mezzy if you don't have PhoneManager Pro comparing to IP Office mode.
Most users wont bother to button them through the menys to record and change messages.
That's the main reason we usually use IPO mde.

On the plus side the swedish prompts with the english accent is rather funny to listen to.

Quote (MattKnight):

Just to be controversial - thats where the problem is. It is the only reason to use intuity mode...is it possible to get Avaya to chnage their mind?

That is the reason I use it. I don't like it though. Multiple greetings can be handy but it is so long winded and annoying to use the TUI.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Plus in Intuity mode users need to enter ext and password every time unlike ip office mode, this really annoys most people customers!

You can get by the enter mailbox and password thing by creating custom start points with get mail actions.

What you cant get round is the complexity of the mailboxes.

"Its a feature"

heh

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

amriddle01 (Programmer)
15 Oct 07 8:27
Plus in Intuity mode users need to enter ext and password every time unlike ip office mode, this really annoys most people customers!

That is the number one gripe!

I suppose if there was a quick and dirty on how to bypass that in Intuity mode I would not change it...

if the user is sitting at their desk, calling from their own extension, then they can hit the # sign to bypass entering the extension, then they are just asked for the password

Sadly, even that is too much work for them...

CREATE CUSTOM COLlECT START POINTS FOR EVERY USER WITH A LEAVE MAIL ACTION

The thing my customers dont like is in Intuity mode users need to enter ext and password every time unlike ip office mode, this really annoys most people customers!

SORRY PG COULD NOT RESIST, WANTED TO SEE WHAT RESPONSE I GOT WHEN YOUR PREVIOUS ONE WAS ALREADY IN CAPITALS.

LOL

ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

man, TP and PG are like a married couple, always competing for the attention. lol

no, just kidding. i really appreciate all both of you bring to the forum, both bring a plethora of knowledge.

How do you make the font bigger on this website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back