Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro not recording names

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehtec

Technical User
Aug 29, 2005
US
When a user tries to record their name, nothing happens. Messages can be left on the system and everything else appears to be working fine. When it prompts you to record your name "As you use IPOffice your name will be included in..." you say your name and then press 1 to confirm. At this point I believe it should replay what you have just recorded, but instead it proceeds to "To re-record your name, press 1. To confirm, press #" If you press # it just replays the prompt to record your name, thus we are in a loop and no names can be recorded on the system.

I have tried getting to this prompt by hitting the voicemail button on the phone and by using *171 - same result.

I have reinstalled voicemail pro and that didn't help.

I copied a message into the names folder and gave it the appropriate filename and it worked! If I remove the file it goes back to the same problem.

Now I would think that this is related to permissions and vmpro not being allowed to create the file in that folder...but nothing seems out of the ordinary in this department. And like I said above, you can leave messages just fine.

The system is on 3.0.69 and vmpro is 3.0.19. VM Pro is in IP Office mode and the service uses Administrator to log on.

The control unit is a 406 DS, V2.

Thanks in advance for your input...

The default minimum length for a name (and message) is 3 Secs. You will need to ensure that the name recording is greater than that!

Or you can reduce the min message length in the registry...

(I can't remember the key at the moment, but I'll pst it when I get to work and check it, if someone else hasn't already)

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Im not too good at reg values....can you post it?

thanks

I was having the same problem...

Some registry searching revealed this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\Directories\MinimumRecordedNameLength

I changed it as recommended, and it works again. Thanks, mattKnight for the push in the right direction...

(I can't remember the key at the moment, but I'll pst it when I get to work and check it, if someone else hasn't already)

Oops, i forgot didn't I...

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

we have still got this problem at at couple of sites, the reg entry as set to 1000 what should I change this to?

If I say the persons name 3 times it records ok

I changed it to 50, and it works fine for me. Dunno if there may be any negative side effects of such a low value, but, it works fine here...

We are still having some problems with Names not recording.

I have edited the Reg Key stated above to 50, do I need to amend anything else.

You actually need to change the Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\Directories\MinimumMessageLength

One user posted that a change from the 1000 value to 50 works fine for them.

There is another key underneath it that reads MinimumRecordedNameLength, but changing that does nothing….it is like this(above) supersedes the Name key. Anyway, it fixes it at 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back