Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro Auto Attendant Transfer to Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaCiscoAdmin

Technical User
Dec 6, 2012
CA
Hi. I need some help with our Main Auto Attendant to Transfer to Extensions.

Our extensions are 5 digit starting with 2

The AA is built like this:

Start Point ponts to Menu.
Timeout 5 seconds
Digit 2 points to a new Menu------------>

New Menu
Timeout 1 second-------------->Transfers to Station 20001 (Specific entry 20001)
Touch Tones entry ???? -------> Transfers to Transfer 2???? (Specific entry. $KEY )

When I call the main Number, it is answered by the AA within 1 second.
The Greeting plays and it says "If you know the extension of the person you are calling you can enter it at any time"
If I press 2, the call Transfers to 20001. That is working properly.
However, if instead of pressing 2 I dial 20002, the call still Transfers to 20001

What am I doing wrong?

If possible I would like to keep the ability to dial-by-extension under the the digit 2 despit all extensions starting with 2.

Thanks for your help.

The time out of 1 sec is to short.

Think about it can you dial 20002 faster than 1 second.

You need to allow more time to dial an extn otherwise the 1 second timeout takes over.

Snowman is right. I usually have a 8 second time out. People a stupid and slow. You can also point the time out to start over or return to the main menu. You can also have the first menu with a 2???? that points to a menu that has a 2???? and a time out to 20001.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Also, your extension transfer entry should be "2$KEY

Qzwsa, Do I need to ad the quotation marks, "2$KEY" , in the Specific entry?
Does upper or lower case matter?

smowman50 and budbyrd, Thanks. I'll try with an 8 second timeout

budbyrd,I have the start point point to a menu.
In that menu I have digit 2 point to another menu (new menu)
In that (new menu), I have: timeout point to specific entry 20001.................. I will change timeout to 8 seconds
Transfer 2???? point to specific entry $KEY. I will try 2$KEY.............................do I need to add quotation marks? .... ie, "2$KEY". ?

When I make these changes, do I need to disconnect them (delete the connecting line) first and then reconnect the line after the change?
Afterwards, then SAVE and Make Active.

No quotes and I don't think the upper vs lower case matters, I always use uppercase as a matter of habit.

You do not need to remove the connector between the blocks.

8 seconds is very long. I typically use 3 seconds in these cases. Gives enough time to dial a full extension without too long of a delay if you're just dialing option 2.

- Qz

It Worked!!!!

I tried 8 seconds timeout and 2$KEY and it worked.

I was able to pare the timeout down to 3 seconds but may increase it if needed.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.
Very much appreciated !

Have a great day : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back