Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Set-up on Basic 11.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMace

Technical User
Jan 4, 2024
US
Hello all. I'm having trouble getting a retail store up and running with voicemail. The system is IP Office Basic edition (11.0), and the lines in question are ported to trunk ports on a combo card (card 2/Ports 10 and 11). I'm trying to enable/configure the embedded voicemail for one user (Ext. 27) to be able to have lines 6 and 7 (both SIP) go to VM if she doesn't answer. Currently those 2 lines have Ext. 27 as a coverage destination, VMS is active on the extension, and the greeting is set-up for the user. When testing the function, the line will ring at the desired extension (this is the only extension with ring enabled via button programming), but after the 3 rings you here an audible click, then silence for about 4 seconds, then it rings to ext. 10 (I believe its going to Auto Attendant instead of VM. I've tried rolling with this, and setting AA to Voicemail Collect, and setting up an AA greeting (using morning for all hours- 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM), but still no joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This site has been a difficult one, and I'm out of ideas.

Current config attached for review.

These two lines are designated lines for this particular extension/user, if that makes a difference in any config ideas.

Many thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3a02a2c3-1eab-4d5b-ad8f-79a394c4f8f7&file=OReilly_4507.cfg
Long time since I've touched Basic Edition.

Looking at the trunk settings for trunks 6 and 7, in Advanced Setup, they both have their own VMS settings enabled and those are being applied after 2 rings and with Auto Attendant 1 as the destination. So before the user's VMS cover setting (4 rings).

I think you need to change the line 6 and 7 VMS Settings | Schedule settings to either Never or Night Only.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

That was exactly it. Sorry, just haven't had time to come back here and update. The other funky bit was, I could only get the embedded VM to work on the extentions in card 1. Not sure ifnthe combo card in slot 2 is faulty, or there's only channels for card 1 in a basic edition? Either way, it's working now.

Appreciate the response though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back