Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro R5 VM to Email not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingTHIS

Programmer
Aug 23, 2012
US
Hello All:
Customer has IP Office R5 with VM Pro R5 installed and working fine. They requested moving the VM Pro to a new PC that they purchased. The existing PC had all of the installation files so I transferred them to the new PC as well as the Accounts, Greetings, Names, and Wavs folders. I was not able to get the REG.bat program to work correctly on the original PC so I had to transfer the above folders and hope for the best. Everything appeared to transfer properly, including greetings, passwords, messages, etc., however voice mail to email no longer works. I go to the Control Panel, IP Office VM Pro(32-bit, etc) and run the SMTP test, it passes with no errors. Exchange tech is not seeing it on his side when I do a test. I pulled all the Accounts and let the system recreate them, thinking maybe I lost a hook in the transfer possibly, but to no avail there either. When I run DBug, I see the message being left in the mbox and then I get this error:

Not logged into user's mailbox
24/09 09:03:11.264 vmprov5s (09,4) 1200,1dcc: Error 0x8000ffff sending email to person@domain.com.

and that's all I get.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Jim

you can run SMTP logging on it and then you see the SMTP connection and all that happens.
I would start with putting in the password again for the sending email account.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Perhaps the exchange admin had a connector that allows to send mails from the original VMPro server without the need of a user account and the new IP address is not allowed.

SMTP Logging in Monitor? I don't see that option for R5. I don't see it reference in DBug either. I did just notice that it was set to MAPI so I changed it to SMTP thinking that I hit a grand slam but now i'm getting a different error:

Error 17 sending email to person@domain.com.

Joe, authorization was not being used on the old PC so I didn't set it on the new PC. I'm assuming that this is the PW that you referred to above.

der, we thought of that too. I had the exchange tech put the new ip address into the "relay allow" and I also verified the the windows firewall is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back