Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM pro IP office...monitor status change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iagaoe

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2006
US
Not really sure how to ask this question, but is there a way to monitor a change in status? I have voicemail pro set up for a day mode and a night mode and am trying to find a way to monitor when the system is put into night mode?

The way its programed now is a variable check, if its 1 its day mode, if its 2 its night mode. I need a way to log the change of day and night modes.
Thanks

There isn't a way to do it. It is stored in the Registry.

Only way to do it would be to use a hunt group for the night service switching and have a NS buttn=on for that group on your phone.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

That is how i do it, but i want to monitor when night service is turned on? I need to be able to tell when someone changes it due to people leaving early at night.

Thanks for the reply, and other suggestions?

Cannot be done if using Variables

Jamie Green

As Jamie says but use a "set huntgroup night service" button to send the calls to a different module then you give yourself the same button and you can see when it active or not. Means a little reprogramming but you don't lose any fuctionality.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Will SMDR log if a short code is used to set the variable?
Mike

You could put in an email action
If a call comes in and they are in night mode too early you will see that

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I have tried the email action with no luck. How would i use it?
Thnkas for the help

You need to make sure that the email setting are correct in Control Panel on thr VM Server and in the client for the email action to do anything

Jamie Green

any idea what settings i need to change?
i have tried it my way and it does not work. any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

In Control Panel>IPO VM PRO set the Server details and then in the VM PRO CLient go Prefernces>General and set SMTP/MAPI Details. Shoudld be good to go after that.

Jamie Green

VM PRO CLient go Prefernces>General and set SMTP/MAPI Details
i take it i should select smtp correct?

in the eMail action, how should i have the settings?

anybody?
i still can't get this to work.
Thanks.

make sure you have a connection to your email server as jamie77 put above.

then put an email naction in the call flow. fill in the correct address and a subject and body of email.

when a call passes through the email action it will send you an email then follow the rest of the call flow

If you are looking to test the transition, you can change the time on the time server, whichever PC the IPO is pulling time from, most cases the VM server?

I have all that done....when i press the check button in the ip office voicemail pro from the control panel, am i suppose to get a test email?

other than that i have the email action setup with the correct email address and what not. i do not understand why it doesn't work?

TomMills: do you have it setup and working correctly?

ni dont think it sends a test email.

all i did was create a dummy call flow to test it and set it so when i dialed into the call flow i got an email. it works fine,

when you go to voicemail pro in the control panel and click check are there any errors,

turn vm to email on on someones phone and leave them a message at least that way you will know that the email side is set up ok

no errors....are there any settings in ip office that i need to be aware of?

i will do that, i need to enable it first on ip office. that requires a reboot.

will let you know when i get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back