Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vm no answer time when transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidshokk

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
GB
Hi

Am trying to change the amount of time a phone rings when a call is being transferred before it goes to voicemail as it only rings 3 rings currently.

The system wide and user no answer time is set to default 15 seconds and direct calls in ring longer than 3 rings so only applies to transferring calls?

Is there somewhere else I should be setting this???

If direct calls are ringing groups not users then timers are in hunt groups.
if user no answer time is set it will follow that, if not then system timer is used

yeah but (in the words of vicki pollard) the issue is that if an external call is then transferred to a user once its answered in the huntgroup the users phone only rings for 3 rings before going to voicemail despite the users no answer timer being default of 15 seconds

maybe you need to set the no answer time to 20 secs and the individual coverage time to 15secs what version of ipo is it?

its a small office on 4_0_9 i believe. i think they have just removed the user voicemail to get around it as only main huntgroup vm required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back