Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM calls not disconnecting with new SIP to Analog adapter 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayjr1105

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2014
US
Help me out here guys, It's been a while since I dealt with this but just went from POTS lines to SIP>Analog converter(grandstream) and the calls are having an issue disconnecting after a calling party hangs up. Is it just the Disconnect Clear that I need to lower well below 500ms?

Also, the Grandstream device default is 200ms. The provider had it at 500ms however, do we want the Grandstream device lower than the Avaya or vice versa?

IPO should be lower than the POTS line. Gives it a better chance or recognizing it.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Any particular setting? I have the IPO set to 250ms and the adapter set to 500ms right now. Leave a VM and watching the call on system status and it's still not disconnecting.

Which Grandstream device are you using? Are you using this to connect SIP trunks to Analog Trunk Ports in your IP Office control unit? Or is this to connect analog extensions over SIP to your IP office?

Do you have "disconnect supervision" enabled?

Please & thank you!

Put a butt set on it and make sure it is actually sending the disconnect. I don't know what vendor I was working with but they were adjusting the time and didn't have it turned on. Turned on and boom... it worked.

It's an 8 port grandstream ATA, the SIP terminates on the device and then analog to the IPO
Here are some other settings. I'm curious about the loop current disconnect setting that isn't enabled
Screenshot_59_dntuhc.png

I believe I have it fixed, I did enable that Loop Current Disconnect on the Grandstream device and I also set the Grandstream to 800ms with the IPO @ 350ms.

Loop current disconnect sounds like it was probably the right answer to turn on. Pink for posting resolution.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

That is kinda what I told you. I knjow some adapters the disconnect is off by default. Seems stupid they would do that, but guys who design IP stuff really aren't phone guys... [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back