Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VLOOKUP WITH CONDITIONAL FORMATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil8

MIS
Mar 3, 2006
US
Hello,

I have two workbooks. Accounts_MS.csv has nearly 2000 names that have already been uploaded to a web based database. I just got another workbook -Accounts_Other.xls- that has about 100 names. I need to compare Accounts_Other against Accounts_MS and determine which names still need to be uploaded. Is there a way to use an IF with VLOOKUP to say if the name on Account_Other matches a name on Accounts_MS then highlight field or row green? Both workbook sheets have the names in column A. I don't yet have a lot of experience with using lookups.

Thanks!

Never mind - I added a column called it Name Audit and put the VLOOKUP in it to check the names. It returns the name value if it matches and #N/A if it does not match. Then I can sort the sheet by that column.

Early morning before a couple of cups of coffee...

Have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back