Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Visual Dbase 5.5 multiple problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlakeg

Technical User
Nov 13, 2007
I am currently working with a client who's vdb program has really started going nuts as follows:
prob 1: sales tax has stopped reporting in the dailysum.dbf

prob 2: in inventory entry the app will sometime have an entry date in the early 1900s

prob 3: sometimes and item that was purchased just days before will not show up on that customers history

prob 4: some history related files will only go up to 2006

This app was originally written back in 1995 then supposedly was upgraded for Y2K and was running under windows 2000 OS. It is now running under XP

please help asap
thanks in advance

the program is a pawn&gun shop application.

Hi,
First of all pls check the computer/system date and also is there any where you use date() function in your application.

jlakeg,

Without more specifics, I would check the indexes. That's the first thing I look at most of the time anyway, but with the number of issues your seeing, it may very well be an index related issue.

Jim C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back