Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vista to XP? 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUJUm0deL

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
US
I just bought an HP (Compaq) CQ50. The laptop came with Vista Home. I want to reformat the HD and install XP Pro. Is that going to cause an issue with any hardware, say like the graphics card?

The graphics card is NVIDIA GEFORCE 8200M G

I'm asking cause I installed XP Pro and screen has a delayed response time. When I click on a program, move a window around it takes a sec or so for it to respond. So then I thought what if the drivers are not installed? I did a Google search and found the drivers here. That link notes that this driver is for a Vista OS. So that got me wondering, and here I am...

Thanks.

Applogize for that. I am very new to fourms and I hope to be excused. I'll figure out how to start a new thread and ask you the apropriate questions.

Huzafa911 - no need to appologize, just pointing you into the correct direction... as I said in the other thread, welcome to the Forum...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Hey,

I have a Compaq Presario CQ50-100ED, and upgraded from vista to XP. My soundcard isn't working, I need the drivers for VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C360A.
But when I go to that link( nor a download starts, neither there is a link I can click.
Do you have the drivers somewhere else?

Ale

O I found out I had to register at that website, sorry!
Anyways, thanks for this thread.

Ale

Yeah I noticed, but strangly I couldn't find that captcha box when I wasn't logged on to the site..
Anyways, my sound driver finally works(after two tries), so I'm happy. Some things still gotta be fixed, but if I don't manage to do that, I'll be back ;-)

hi. was hoping someone here has copied the full set of drivers for the cq50-110us that used to be posted on tigerbliss ( That site has been down since jan & Vista is driving me crazy on my new Compaq so please help me get back to XP. I will be eternally grateful...uh for a while for sure. thanks in advance.

Does the first link work for you, it offers some download, not sure what it is offering though?

That link came via this page.

These are similar stories about searching for the elusive drivers. They are full of links and clues.

Compaq Presario CQ50Z CTO 100 Vista to Xp
thread779-1530579

XP to VIsta - Compaq CQ50-103NR
thread779-1529638

Windows XP drivers for Compaq Presario CQ50-105NR
thread779-1521874

That Tigerbliss link was downloading to my machine yesterday when I posted, but other TigerBliss links got no where, and now yesterday's link is u/s for me too. They seem to be having problems on and (more) off since January. It must be all those Compaq users who hate Vista jamming up the works.

thanks Linney & Ben for the quick response. I think I'm ready to tackle my xp-downgrade given the success stories so far.

hey i have a compaq presario cq50-211nr with a amd athlonx2 dual core processor QL-60 im missing a bunch of different drivers heres a screen shot ....please please help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi BadBigBen, hi everybody,

Please help me! I have a Compaq Presario CQ50-228CA, and I downgrade to XP SP3, but I can't find sound card driver for it.

Please tell me how to do that.
Many thanks for your helps!!!

Best regards,

in the Device Manager, where you will find all the hardware, go to the ones that have a yellow exclamation mark, double click them... there under the TAB 'DETAILS' you will find something similar to this: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&SUBSYS_289510F1&REV_A2I'll need that code to confirm the drivers and identify that piece of hardware..."

In Search Of 'Mystery' Devices

Hi linney,

I found it:

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&7CC389&0&0301

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_103C360A&REV_1000\4&7CC389&0&0001

Video COntroller (VGA Compatible)
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0845&SUBSYS_360A103C&REV_A2\4&15DBADC5&0&0058

Thanks for your care,

Status
Not open for further replies.