Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Virtualised IP Office Server Edition Upgrade Problem (and Lync 2013 Video Function Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUALST

ISP
Jan 2, 2014
GB
Hi,

IP Office Server Edition (Virtualised) running on 9.0.300-941
After installing virtualised server edition for the first time, we had to upgrade to the latest 9 release (client wanted Lync 2013 integration) This was working fine and Lync 2013 integration worked seamlessly- other than problem below. Then the Critical Patch came along, and we had to apply this as they are not using voicemail and it is a large site so we can't afford to risk it. When we uploaded the RPM file to the system and upgraded it everything seemed fine, but we also tried uploading the Bin files in the same way, it didn't want to work. When you view the solution, and upgrade available message pops up- when you updgrade, it either fails, or takes forever and times out.

Have tried rebooting the system and the virtual machine it is sitting on but nothing changes.

Thought of clearing the repository but can't see any documentation from avaya as to how to do this.

Before I roll the system back and bring it to the latest release without critical patch, is there anything I can do?

Also, since we ran lync 2013 integration for IP Office, the customer can no longer video call- I know this was a problem on Lync 2010 and there was a solution- my colleague has advised client to try the solution out but it does not work- is there an updated way to get this working on Lync 2013?

Thanks

What are you trying to do with these bin files?
These are for the ip500's

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Yeah we realised that after- we uploaded them where we did because we couldnt see a way to do it through the manager programme.

we have an ip500 as an expansion system/gateway

You should be able to upgrade the IP500 with Manager but you need to be sure that manager is or is not running in server edition mode (i am not sure)
But you should also be able to copy the bin file to the folder /opt/IPOffice/System/Primary.
I could be off a little bit as i do not have a Linux system in front of me at the moment.
third method is just by coping the bin file to the SD card of the IP500v2 and reboot it.
It will upgrade the unit in a couple of minutes.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

We're doing this today, and think it should do the trick, thanks for confirming our suspicions!

Any way to clear the repository? our reseller has had the same problem with 'Update available' - any way to clear the repository??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back