Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VFP9sp2: Storing and Printing Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtwood

Programmer
Sep 7, 2002
BS
What is the best way to add photos to a table for use on a form and report/label?

I currently store the photo file path in a character field. This works fine for the form but I am having difficulty with the reports/labels. It appears that they require a general field. I would prefer not to use the general field due to the increase in size and maintenance involved.

I expect the database to grow to about 100k records.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kurtwood L Greene
The Bahamas

I got it. I just needed to ensure that I properly referenced the complete photo file path in the Control Source. I am only storing a part of the path in the table. My Control Source Type is "Expression or Variable Name

Glad you got it yourself. Another way would be feeding reports by a cursor and using the general field there to temporarily read in the picture files into the cursor.

But permanent storeage of pics in general fields is bad, not just because of the 2GB limitation.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf, I am glad you still responded because your reply helps me as well.

Thank you,
Kurtwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back